Wednesday 23 September 2015

The Christmas Post

Post early for Christmas! Well, perhaps not THIS early, although I've had a lot of lost and delayed items recently so maybe I should maker a start.....

If you've been with my blog since the outset, you'll know the story of the pillar box die cut sheets - I thought I'd ordered ONE sheet from eBay and when it arrived, there were actually about 24 of them. At 99p they turned out to be a great bargain, except for the fact they are rather boring to use, as the main image takes up most of the front of an A5 card blank. Anyway, the pile is gradually dwindling and I'm delighted to report that this card uses the penultimate one.

Looking for a way of livening it up a bit, I turned to my bag of silver snippets (I've started sorting them by colour, but so far have only done the basics, silver, white, gold, cream, black and kraft) and lifted out lots of tiny pieces of hologram card, the "too small to use but too good to throw away" ones, and cut them into snowflakes using a die that was a magazine freebie. I've used three of them here but have several left to use on other cards. Black gems in the middle linked them neatly to the image.

Oh, I made a matching gift tag but forgot to take a photo of it!

 
I am sharing this with
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Something beginning with P (Pillar box)
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 195 
Glitter and Sparkle - Die Cut or Punch   

4 comments:

Di said...

Hi Jane! I think those pillar boxes turned out to be a great buy in the end! Love how you 'dollied' up your card with the snowflakes too.

Yup, the hedgies should be hibernating shortly - temperatures are falling at night aren't they.

Hugs

Di xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 247 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too. x

Sarn said...

Super pillar box card. The recipients won't be bored with it at all!

Hugs, SarN xxx

Unknown said...

Fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at Glitter N Sparkle this week xx DT Sarahjayne xx