Monday 7 September 2015

Snowy sparkle

This is the first of two Christmas cards I will be sharing with you today, so if you're not ready for the C- word, look away now!

This was made using the cover mounted stamp and embossing folder from the September 2015 issue of Quick Cards Made Easy and I can see that I'll get a lot of use from both the stamp and the folder. For their first outing, I decided to use them both together to make a quick and easy card (as the name of the mag suggests!).

I stamped the sentiment using Versamark ink and embossed it with a Pastel Blue pearls powder, then chose a matching piece of Coredinations for the embossing (it actually matches MUCH better in real life than it does in the photo, which has given the sentiment a turquoise cast!) . I lightly sanded it and ran a distressing tool around the edge, layered everything up with silver and added a few gems. Job done.

I'm sharing this with Winter Wonderland - Add a sentiment as the sentiment is so very much the main focal point of this card! I'm also joining win with
Crafty Gals Corner - Embossing (both kinds!)
Creative Card Crew - Christmas


5 comments:

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous card and love the dry embossing. Great sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Carol S. DT

Liz said...

Lovely card, lovely the embossing folder you've used and the little gems finish it off perfectly. xx

Liz said...

* the second 'lovely' should have been 'love'! xx

stampingvickisvisions said...

This is lovely, I especially like the embossing folder, but then I think I'm addicted to them, tee hee. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crews Christmas challenge. Now your closer to having your cards done for the season. Vicki DT

Amy Cohen said...

Beautiful Wintery design. Perfect for our embossing challenge at Crafty Gals Corner.
Amy-DT