Monday 28 September 2015

Simply shiny

I've fallen in love with my latest die, the cover mounted gift from the October issue of Quick Cards Made Easy (and in case you didn't spot my post about it the other day, I'm featured as the Designer for a Day in this issue!).

It looks so lovely with hardly any other embellishment to detract from it, although I think a kraft/cream combo with a row of three of them would look great too, I might try that next.

For this card, I've cut it from a snippet of very shiny red mirri card, ruled in a "string" with a hand doodled bow, added a knot of red grosgrain ribbon and stamped a sentiment (also a mag freebie, I'm cheap like that!). It needs nothing more!


I'm sharing this with:

Less is More - Something Shiny
Christmas Card Challenges - Anything Goes
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 196  

16 comments:

Shirley-Anne said...

I am with you on this simply beautiful CAS card , Jane .Just my style . Fabulous Die I agree . Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges

Di said...

Love this Jane - and you stole my thunder! Yesterday I die cut that very same Nordic Heart, in silver, to set to and make a Less is More card. Sadly it didn't cut too well (think I might need to 'shim' it) so it went in the bin. Thankfully I spotted this card before setting off again with it today! So effective and wasn't it a great freebie too!. I'd been meaning to say I spotted you in QCME, lovely photo of you and the card you made is beautiful - love that little reindeer! Well done!

Hugs

Di xx

Linby said...

Just perfect.
Lynn x

BożenA said...

Beautiful card CAS. I love the combination of colors, an incredible contrast.
Regards,
BozenA

MaryH said...

Jane, this is so beautiful and CAS. The mirror paper looks gorgeous cut into this Partridge in a Pear Tree heart, with all the crisp white behind it. LOVE this and haven't seen this die yet (how can this be?) It's so elegant with the red on white. TFS

Cardsbymaaike said...

beautiful

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Elegant, CAS and beautiful Jane - that little die is just stunning and makes your card shout perfection!
thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Kathyk said...

Smashing make and a lovely die

Kathyk

Sarn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarn said...

Congrats on being published Jane.

Love your CAS Christmas make.
Hugs, Sarn xxx - See more at: http://onionsandpaper.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/simply-shiny.html#sthash.hnGR4eMa.dpuf

AlisonC said...

Beautifully simple and as you say, it doesn't need anything else.

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW elegant and stylish
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Chrissie said...

Super shiny card Jane and many congrats on your Designer spot!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Congratulations Jane and what a super shiny creation!
Thank you for joining us this week
Anne
"Less is More"

Neets B said...

Many congrats, Jane! And what a gorgeous CAS card, love the intricate die in glossy red.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Inkyfingers said...

What a beautifully simple card and I love that striking die cut!
Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenge.