Saturday 19 September 2015

Sassy at Twofers

Have you joined in with the new challenge Twofers yet? We've made it easier to enter - now you only need to make ONE item, using some stamping but no digis, and our latest theme is SASSY. We've also introduced a prize for the top entry each fortnight, a $20 gift certificate for Alleystamp.



I made a pair of cards featuring the Crafters Companion stamp Jess, and I decided to use Promarkers to colour her two ways, once in Spring colours and once in Autumn ones, to make two very different cards.

Oh dear, big eyed young ladies are right out of my comfort zone, especially in pinks and lilacs, and I think when my husband saw me making the first card he thought he must have wandered into the wrong house. And I'm rather worried that in both cards, Jess looks rather like the sort of lady that boys' mums warn them about!

For the spring card I've used pink and black leopard print card from my stash - it is double sided card with the words "baby girl" printed in various fonts on the reverse, so I cut out the word "girl" several times to use as embellishments.

After cutting out the image and colouring it with Promarkers, , I cut three co-ordinating pieces of card, sized as if I was going to layer them up, but instead of normal layering I added each piece at a slight angle to the one below.

I finished the card with a silk flower cut in half, with a halved punched circle to form the centre.



My second card is completely different and perhaps not quite as "sassy" (I'm not 100% sure what that word means!) as the first - but it is much more ME. I love autumn colours and falling leaves, so I felt right at home making this one. The leaf paper is from a DCWV stack and I think the plain cards are Bazzill cardstock.  The thingummy up the right hand side is a thick cardboard embellishment which I have coloured with Promarkers. I finished it off with toning gems.


And here are the two side by side for comparison:


I'm sharing this with
Make Your Mark at Addicted to Stamps and More, where I was delighted to have an Honourable Mention last week.
Anything Goes at Crafty Gals Corner 
Bright and Colourful at Fan-Tastic Tuesdays
Creative Card Crew - Fall - second card only
Orange and Green at Inkspirational challenge - second card only, of course!

9 comments:

Zoechaos said...

She is Sassy, love how different the two cards are with the same image. Having fun with these challenges aren't we XOXO Zoe

Christi Conley said...

Adore your sassy ladies!!! <3

Judy V said...

Pretty cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner!

Wei Wei said...

Wow! Very fabulous and cool cards! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a cutie. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxx

stempelfrida said...

Very cool girl cards and each of them really in a great colour choice. Thank you very much for joining our ATSM challenge this week. Sunny regards from stempelfrida

Marina said...

Using our challenge colours of orange and green has given the image a bit of a twist, I think , and it's a great twist. Beautiful autumnal feel. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Dwie lewe rączki said...

What a lovely card! Just perfect for our fall challenge. Thanks for joining the fun at Creative Card Crew
Yvonne

Shauna said...

What a fun image to work with! Your use of two different color profiles is great. Wonderful work with the coloring and layering of papers. Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna