Friday 25 September 2015

It's Rudolph Day again

It's the 25th of September, and that means it's Rudolph Day again! Incidentally it also means we are three quarters of the way through the year, so I should be three quarters of the way through my Christmas card making. Unfortunately I'm only about half way through.....

Anyway, you may remember that when I used this Jess image in my "Sassy at Twofers" post (and there's still time for you to join in the current challenge!) I thought she looked a little bit like a lady of ill repute. Well, I have just got a new set of Dylusions Christmas Sentiment stamps that have JUST the right words to go with her! Incidentally, the Dylusions sentiment stamps are a great way to use up your white snippets, as each one only uses a tiny scrap of card!

I added a diagonal panel of striped paper to my base card then inked the edges - I'm afraid the inking is a bit clumsy as I'd cut my finger and was trying not to bleed on the card (perhaps I should have inked it in red).

I reckon there are only certain people I will be able to send this card to! (You know who you are!)
 
I'm joining in with
 
Rudolph Day at Scrappymo's
Addicted to Stamps and More - Holidays
Pixies Snippets Workshop week 195 (it's all snippets except the base card)
Sunday Stamps - sketch challenge 
 

26 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic image to go with the words, I can think of a couple of not so young teenagers that this would do just right for.

Sue xx

Di said...

Ha, ha - great card Jane! She really does look like a saucy little minx and the sentiment is perfect! Super colours too - and not one drop of blood either :)

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Brilliant Rude-doll-ph Day card Jane! Ha ha ha. Great take on the sketch too.

Happy Rudolph Day.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Jane,
what a fab Rudolf Challenge card.
That image is super, and the sentiment is just right for the image.
great design too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

scrappymo! said...

ahahaha...she is defo on the naughty list. My husband has a couple of single guy friends that would love this card!! lol
You did a great job on the colouring and card design. Love the look of that diagonal stripe on your card...makes your image pop!

I have updated my post with photos and shared the rules for the second prize draw...check it out!

Thanks for taking part in the September Rudolph Days Challenge.

Twinks Stamping said...

What a sassy lady she looks, lovely card xx Jan xxx

Kathleen said...

Great card, a super image and a perfect sentiment.

Kath x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hubba hubba! What a fun and sassy card! Happy Rudolph Day!

Monika Reeck said...

hihi the sentiment is sweeeet Jane
and the image so cute sexy and adorable colored too
lovely used our sketch
I love your naughty christmas card
thanks for joining us this time at Sunday Stamps dear Jane
wish you always join us
hugs and I miss your encouragement again Jane
Monika

Tanja said...

love the sentiment and your coloring - thanks for sharing your creation at ATSM

Lisa said...

Hahahaha, perfect sentiment! Great job with the sketch!

Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

KandA said...

This is fabulous, love the fun sentiment with that gorgous image xx

Sally H said...

Lol! A fab card, Jane! I know one or two people that this would be perfect for!

Eemeli said...

Came here from Rudolph Day challenge :)
Lovely cas creation. Funny sentiment.

Hugs,
Eemeli

Annie said...

a fabulous card, and that sentiment made me smile!
hugs, annie x

stampwithamyk said...

Very cute! Great take on the sketch, love the colors and design! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Joan said...

Love your card !

Joan

Valerija said...

Very cute image and great coloring.
Valerija

Linby said...

Great fun card Jane.

Barb said...

She looks really cheeky. A great image and sentiment too. Barbxx

cm said...

Well, well...isn't she the gal! Sassy, yet classy! Fabulous! Thank you for sharing your holiday-themed creativity in the ATSM gallery!
~c

Liz said...

This really made me smile. Great image and a wonderful sentiment! xx

Sue - said...

Great card Jane. The words go perfectly with the image!

Craftychris said...

Such a cool Christmas card! xxx

LesleyG said...

Fun sassy card, love the diagonal paper, hope your finger is better! Xxx

Angel Johns said...

Fun and sassy card. Love the coloring and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!