Tuesday 1 September 2015

Colour it in at Cardz 4 Guyz

This week at Cardz 4 Guyz we want to see some colouring in! And don't forget, your card must be suitable for a male.

Now I'm not great at colouring and blending with Promarkers, but I recently got this lovely little "Ninja Edwin" Magnolia stamp and I thought he'd be a great image to practise on. And I DID need to practise - I've thrown my first two attempts at his outfit away, but eventually I settled on Cool Grey 2, 3 and 4 for the outfit, with just a hint of Cool Grey 1 for his outline and shadow and to give depth and shading to the Blush I used for his face. I die cut him out  and layered him onto plain kraft with my old faithful nesties circles.

I've layered him up with corrugated kraft-and-black, some grey striped paper and a punched border, and finished with a stamped greeting and some candi. I think this would be great for a little - or not so little - boy who has martial arts lessons!

I've used up lots of old stash in this card - the corrugated kraft has been hanging round for ages waiting for the right project and the candi is from the very first pack of it I ever bought. (Do you know it breeds? I'm pretty sure several of my packs have mated and produced offspring in colours I'm sure I never bought).
 
So I'm sharing this with Use Your Stash at Tilda's Town Challenges - my first visit to this challenge.
I'm also playing along with
Clear it Out Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner - Lots of Layers 
Cuttlebug Mania - Anything Goes   

7 comments:

The Craft Bucket said...

He is a little cutie isn't he Jane, so glad you made this card with him. Thank you for playing along with us at TILDA'S TOWN this week & the very best of luck. Love Jane x

Darnell said...

Bwhahaha! I agree with you about the breeding!! This is a terrific card, Jane! It made me smile and I love that you used the corrugated paper that's been around for ages! It's perfect for your design!! Hugs, Darnell

Johannas Bakblogg said...

beautiful card. thank you for joining us at crafty gals corner. :)

Pam Sparks said...

Handsome Edwin creating Jane! So glad you linked up to Tilda's Town Challenges this week! Thanks for playing!

Unknown said...

So cute!!!!
Thank you for joining Tilda's Town.

Hugs
Nathalia

Swissie said...

A beautiful boy's card!
Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this week!

Hugs
Swissie

Barbara Godden said...

Adorable card, thanks for joining us at Clear it Out Tuesday for the anything goes challenge.