Monday 21 September 2015

A Patchwork Autumn

I haven't done any sewing for years and years, but I still have a few pretty scraps of patchwork fabric hanging around, so this week I decided to bring some into action on a card. I cut out the leaf-printed shapes, then stuck them to a card on which I had used autumnal colours from a Kaleidacolour pad to stamp three lines of "stitched" borders. A greeting stamped with the same pad was all the card needed to finish it. (Hmmm...... looks as if it's time to replace that ink pad - and I've  only had it for 15 years!)



I'm sharing this with

Addicted to CAS - Leaves
Clear it Out Challenge - Autumn/Leaves/Foliage
AAA Cards - Autumn Colours/Fabric  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely fabric leaves and beautiful sentiment, Jane! I really like the "stitching" too. Thanks for joining in at AAA Cards. Melissa - DT.

Ceal said...

super cute card, fun design. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS and AAA Cards!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful way to use those scraps and stamps, Jane !

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! CAS-tastic, striking, elegant, great use of autumnal shades and fabric and a perfect entry to the challenges.
Thanks so much for linking up and playing along at AAA Cards & ATCAS
Sarah x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love this! Love the leaves on the fabric and the faux stitching. Wonderful CAS! Thanks for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards.

Jaydee said...

Love the trio of leaves along the side. Fabulous CAS card. so glad you joined us at Addicted to CAS this week
Jaydee

Jill V said...

Really fun CAS card - and I really love how incorporated the fabric twist into the design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards! Jill