Wednesday 2 September 2015

A Fruity card for The Male Room

I'm delighted to share with you the news that I've been asked to be guest designer at The Male Room for their latest challenge! As you know, masculine cards are my absolute  favourites to make so this challenge is one of my favourites.

 
The new challenge has just started, and this time the theme is FRUIT.
 
 
To make my card, I've used the ultra thick embossing technique. To do this, I cut a piece of heavy card to size and covered it in Versamark ink, then sprinkled it with Cosmic Shimmer Ultra thick Embossing Crystals in Lapis Black. I used my heat gun to melt it, then while it was still wet, poured on another layer of the crystals, and repeated this until I had three layers. Before melting the third layer, I inked up the pear stamp, from a Studio G mini set, with Stazon ink, and then immediately I stopped heating the powder I pressed the inked stamp into the molten layer and left it to cool. When completely cool, the stamp lifts away easily. If you try this, don't worry about little air bubbles that you might get (caused by the air trapped in the indentations of the stamp escaping) or, if you use a large stamp, the unevenness around the edge of your tile - these are the little individual touches that are the difference between hand made and machine made!
 
 
 
For the rest of the card, I used another pear stamp from the same set, along with the words "just perfect" from a Craft Asylum set called "Candy". I stamped these randomly over a piece of kraft card using Versamark ink. I think the watermark effect shows up particularly well on kraft card.  I then layered it with card to match the embellishment and finished it off with peel off borders and some candi.


5 comments:

Barb said...

I love this card Jane. The stamp is a lovely one and I would love to have that great sentiment. Barbxx

Joan said...

A lovely card Jane, love that ultra thick embossing technique and the water mark stamping on the Kraft card is so effective

scrappymo! said...

This is a neat technique. Your card looks great and thanks for the directions!

Jane said...

Clever technique and I love the stunning effect it's given your pear. Great to have you guesting at The Male Room.

sue t. said...

Ultra thick embossing powder- ughhhh I got rid of that in a purge!! Love your card and for reminding me of old techniques that are timeless!!