Wednesday 9 September 2015

A country Christmas

I've just counted up my Christmas cards made so far this year and it's still only 30, and I have two 2-week holidays between now and Christmas - I'm going to have to go into mass production mode!

This card was nice and quick to make though, so perhaps I will do a few more along the same lines.

I used kraft card with a snowflake die cut shape removed from the centre. Then I stamped the gingerbread man and greeting randomly over the card with Versamark ink and edged the card and aperture with distress ink. I wanted to back the aperture with red and white gingham paper, but I had none left and with packing to go away didn't have time to search through my CDs where I'm sure to have a suitable paper to print out, so I used this festive star pattern instead. Then I wrapped the whole panel with raffia and stuck it to my card front.

I stamped the gingerbread man again onto a scrap of kraft card, using brown ink this time, and also onto a scrap of red, then cut out the red heart and stuck it  to his tummy, then added him to the knot of the raffia.

Finally I finished the card off with a button and some candi.

I think if I use this idea again I will die cut a heart rather then a snowflake, and if I still have no gingham paper, would use something lighter in colour - white or cream with red spots or stars would work well.


I'm sharing this with

Christmas Cards All Year Round - A country Christmas 
djkardkreations - NBUS 5 - the gingerbread man stamp was NBUS - in fact he comes from a completely NBUS set.

5 comments:

KandA said...

Super card Jane. love the kraft and red colour combo xx

Barb said...

A lovely card Jane. Those gingerbread men are so cute and I like the diecut snowflake. Barbxx

Monika Reeck said...

wooow Jane this is a stunning christmas card
Love that little ginger bread man with heart and the snowflake in red
stunning sponged the edge too
awesome card Jane

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty Christmas card!

Sarah said...

What a super country inspired card, love the gingerbread peeps!! thanks for sharing at CCAYR and Good Luck!! Sarah :0)