Wednesday 19 August 2015

I'm a gran again!

This morning my fourth grandchild, and first grandson, was born to my daughter, who lives in France, and her husband. As you can imagine, I've spent a lot of the morning on the phone but I've still managed to squeeze in time to make a card for them. Well, actually I had most of the card already made, because we knew the baby was going to be a boy, but I somehow felt a bit superstitious about finishing it off completely and adding the embellishments in advance, so it was waiting for "D-day" for me to add the finishing touches.

I got the idea of making a chest of drawers out of a stepper card made from kraft from the Docrafts magazine. Knowing the baby would be a boy, I used blue papers from the Graphic 45 Precious Memories range to create the drawers. The die cuts are made with an X-cut set (the name escapes me and doesn't seem to be on the backing sheet!)



I'm joining in with the following challenges:

Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Sparkles - More than one fold
Shopping Our Stash - Layer it on me
The Crafters Café - Shaped cards
Ooh La La Creations - One for the boys  
Glitter n Sparkle - Stepper cards  

14 comments:

JS06 said...

just beautiful x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Many congratulations Jane. Our first Granson is due next week so we're starting to get a little excited now. Happy times :) x

Sue - said...

Congratulations Jane!! Love the card - very different from the usual baby cards!

Liz said...

Brilliant design, Jane! I love all the detail. xx

Cazro said...

Congratulations to all, your first grandSON, a joyful time, with more to come. Your card for his arrival is a treasure for the future too. A wonderful design based on a stepper card. Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz DT.

Kim Carberry said...

Aww! Congratulations....
That is gorgeous! The detail is fantastic x

Carol L said...

Congrats to you and yours - and what a fabulous new baby boy card! I love all of those wonderful details and baby items! I can't imagine a cuter baby card exists anywhere! Adorable!

cass said...

Wow! I have never seen a step card created like this one. Wonderfully creative, precious card, thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge this week.

everything with stickles.blogspot.com said...

What a great stepper card, love it, love it, so cool thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

Linby said...

oh this is sooo cute Jane, love the idea of using a stepper in this way - absolutely brilliant.
Thanks for sharing at OLLC too.
Lynn x

lauren bergold said...

what an awesome card! i love EVERYTHING about it, especially that super-cool dimensional fold that makes it stand up. whichis totally convenient b/c OF COURSE this is going to be displayed in the nursery for the next several years, lol! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (layery!) STASH with us this week! ps: congrats on the new grandbaby! ♥♥♥

Kimbo said...

Congratulations to all the family - wonderful news, hope you get to see him soon. Love the card, such fun x

Alli Devine said...

Wonderful card to welcome a baby boy. Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations Alli x

Helen said...

A gorgeous card. Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
Helen P x