Sunday 10 May 2015

Silver dragonflies

You probably already know how much I love dragonflies, especially in crafting, so you won't be surprised at how much I love the dragonfly panel die that was the cover-mounted die on a recent issue of Tattered Lace magazine.

This card is inspired by one of the projects in the magazine. I loved the idea of an acetate backed aperture on the card, so I kept that, and the general layout of the card, but I cut my own side stepper card using a sheet of patterned card from Hunkydory and with the help of my trusty Hougie board,  and instead of cutting the panel from matching card and putting it behind the aperture, I made it more of a focal point by cutting it in silver and mounting it on top of the acetate. I cut the panel a second time and separated out the main and tiny dragonflies and the flower, using them and some die cut words and a border (also using Tattered Lace dies) to decorate the steps.




I am sharing this with Allsorts Challenge Blog where the theme this week is Die cuts, more than two  - lots more than two in this case!  

1 comment:

Liz said...

A very pretty card. I love the acetate backed die cut panel. What a great idea! Great colour combination too. xx