Thursday 26 March 2015

Daisies in the spring

I noticed the first daisies peeping through the grass of my neighbour's lawn this morning - spring really is here at last! And to celebrate, here is a card that celebrates daisies!

I've had the main image stamp for many years, it is an unmounted stamp that came in a grab bag, and I must have used it hundreds of times. I'm not sure the flowers are meant to be anything specific, which is useful as they can become a stylised version of whatever you want them to be, depending on how they are coloured. This time I coloured them in by scribbling watercolour markers on acetate then picking up the ink with a waterbrush, apart from the tiny flowers which I coloured directly with the markers. I'd have really liked to do them in forget-me-not blue, for the full-on spring effect, but I didn't want to introduce another colour. However, pink forget-me-nots are often found in gardens so I've not used *too* much artistic license.

The paper, card, ribbon and pearls are all long-time lurkers in my stash!


I'm sharing this with

Addicted to Stamps and More - Make your Mark
Crafting Musketeers - Ribbons and Pearls
Clear it Out Challenge - Birthday and Polka Dots    
Crafty Gals Corner - Anything Goes
The Crafter's Café - Spring Flowers

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely image, those flowers are so bright and cheery! Thanks for entering at the Crafty Gals Corner Challenge xx

Judy V said...

Pretty card! Love the flower image! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner!

Jane Willis said...

Oops, has anybody spotted the mistake? Just looked at some REAL daisies and realised that the pink is at the tips of the petals, not the bases!

Tanja said...

love the watercoloring combined with the white embossing - thanks for joining us at ATSM this week

Sue said...

This is so pretty, your colouring on the flowers is so delicate, and the ribbon and pearls are lovely touches. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

Lisa Mensing said...

Very pretty! Love the pink and green together. Thanks for sharing at CIO Polka Dots challenge. Lisa DT

Wei Wei said...

Lovely card! Love your bright colors and elegant layout. Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

cm said...

Gorgeous! Your coloured flowers are coloured so beautifully, and the entire design of your card is ever so impressive! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
~c

flossbite said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafter's Cafe this week.
Hugs
Fiona DT xx