Tuesday 6 January 2015

Vintage at Cardz 4 Guyz

The New Year has started at Cardz 4 Guyz,  and our first challenge of the year is Vintage. I always think Vintage is a good style for masculine cards, as the colours and aged metallic textures have  such a masculine feel about them. We'd love to see YOUR take on a vintage themed card for a male!

Do you find you get dozens of email newsletters from craft businesses that you have shopped with in the past? Yes, so do I, and although I don't want to unsubscribe from them, I generally delete them unread as they are all so tempting! However a few weeks ago I accidentally opened one from Crafty Individuals and saw a teaser for their latest collection of stamps - and I just couldn't stop myself from buying this super vintage transport tag collage stamp.

For this card I have stamped the entire image twice, cutting out the individual tags on the second image and making them into "proper" tags to layer over their counterparts on the original image. But I could also see the image working well as a stand alone one, or the tags themselves  used separately - I think this is a stamp you're going to spot on here many times in the future as I play with new ways of using it.

Santa brought me a "Photo Studio Box Light Lighting Cube Tent Kit" and I've been having a play with various ways of arranging the lighting for it, so I've added two photos of the card, identical apart from the arrangement of the lights. I'm not sure which I prefer - the first seems to capture the "feel" of the card better, while the second shows up the detail much more clearly. I think it will take a while before I've learned enough to get everything I want from a single photo!

 

2 comments:

Julie B said...

Love those mosaic style tags, very clever. HNY. :)

Kimbo said...

Just love all the tags Jane - very clever x