Friday 23 January 2015

This week's failures

I mentioned in my last post that I'd not been well, and I think some of my recent crafting attempts were done when I was rather feverish.... I can't think of any other reason for them now I'm looking at them from a cool, calm and collected point of view. So I thought, in the interests of honesty, that I'd share with you a couple of cards from the last few days that did NOT go as intended.

First of all this, which was meant to be fresh, cool, clean and simple. Whatever was I thinking of, using that vicious dayglo pink card? And what made me think it might be a decent colour to use with red?


I know we've had some gloomy days recently when there hasn't been much natural light, but this one really makes me go crosseyed and my teeth tingle!

And next, a card that was meant to be CAS - I stamped the rose design and embossed it with clear powder, then used cut and dry foam to create a resist design. All well and good - if rather untidy  for a CAS card - until I dropped a black ink pad face down on one side of the card! The mess it left was too big to cover up with a sentiment, so I had to trim half the front of the card away - which didn't leave enough white space for the card to be really CAS any more, and leaves the whole thing messy and cluttered.

 
So how about you? Have YOU had any disasters recently? Are you brave enough to share them? Come on, I've shown you mine......

3 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Your being harsh on yourself. Must be the aggressive glitter and sparkle! Red and Pink work but try perhaps not fresh or cool! XOXO

Unknown said...

Well I like the red pink combo. It's v fashionable too. So you have your finger on the pulse there Jane.

Jane Willis said...

I think earlier this week there was a Facebook comp - maybe Air France - for a shopping bag in exactly those colours, which may have been what was at the back of my mind when I was making this card. Today I'm working with cool, calming blues....