Monday 19 January 2015

Love is like a butterfly..

... a rare and gentle thing. Does anybody remember that sitcom from the 1980s, with Wendy Craig as the harassed Mum of two teenagers? Every time I see the words "Love" and "Butterfly" together, I remember it and start humming the theme tune.

This set of stamps was free with a craft magazine last year - I can't remember which - and has never yet seen ink, even though it's such a gorgeous set of Indigo Blu designs. I'm not sure why I'd not used it before, I guess I'm just overwhelmed with Stuff and some things don't get their fair turn!

The background was made by brayering glossy card with a Kaleidacolour pad, and then stamped with the silhouette flowers. It's years since I made a brayered background, and I'm a bit out of practise, so there are a few streaks in the background, but hey, they look a bit like sunbeams!  The dragonflies are pretty metallic brads that I've had for years and tend to just get out and look at rather than actually use them!



I'm playing along with Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge - Butterflies and B is for Brads  and also this is my second entry to Darnell's NBUS challenge #3 .... I was going to do a third entry to her challenge, a CAS card to fit in with the NBUS challenge at CAS-ology, but oh dear, my card went oh so very very wrong..... I opened a brand new pack of Washi tape, only to find it was actually ribbon, and things just went downhill from there.....

5 comments:

Rustic Pumpkin said...

I started singing the theme song as soon as I saw the title! I love the colours and composition, and if you hadn't mentioned the streaks I thought they were part of the design. I have a boxful of free stamps ~ perhaps I should go take a little rummage through them.

Kim Carberry said...

Oh gosh I remember that tv show....What a blast from the past!
That card is so lovely....Butterflies are always so pretty x

sweet art designs said...

I love your technique for the background. Very pretty. Thank you for sharing with us at The Butterfly Challenge. - Myrna Challenge #22 Guest Designer

Mrs A. said...

Severe technical issues here at the moment so resorting to my iPad to comment. I love the tiny dragonflies and so glad you bit the bullet and used them on this card. I think I might have those butterflies too. Great background. My brayer stays firmly in its box . Might let it out for its birthday. Lol. Thankyou for fluttering by #22. Hugs Mrs A.

Darnell said...

Sorry to hear your card for the combined CASology and NBUS Challenges was not meant to be made, Jane! You made me chuckle as I can so relate ...! But this card is a beauty, no question about that! And, wow, is it ever perfect for Mrs. A.'s b/brads challenge!! I have a few brads that are so darn cute and I swear I do the same thing ... open the little container, look at them, touch them, close the container, and put them back! Congratulations to you for USING yours!! Thank you so much for playing again in my NBUS Challenge #3! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell