Wednesday 12 November 2014

A Winter Owl from The Best of La Pashe 2014

If you visit my blog regularly, you'll already know that I am a massive fan of La Pashe products and feel very privileged to belong to the design team, and that my all-time favourite craft CD is The Best of La Pashe 2012. Well, recently I've been teasing you with hints about the latest CD from La Pashe, The Best of La Pashe 2014  and I am delighted to be able to tell you that it is now available.

It costs £24.99 and can be bought from the La Pashe website. There are over 150 unique ready-to-print A4 decoupage sheets, including the following ranges...The Grumps, Sports & Hobbies, Kids & Teens, Precious Moments, McDecoupage, Christmas, Vintage Men's Decoupage & much, much more! And if that's not enough, there are also more than 200 co-ordinating backgrounds, as well as lots of Christmas Toppers.

There is decoupage to suit all skill levels, and the decoupage designs are ones that look great used just as a single layer topper too, so there really is something for everybody.

For this card, I've used one of the Christmas Decoupage sheets and one of the Christmas backgrounds, putting them together into my first ever centre stepper card. It always surprises me what great effects you can achieve with a scoring board and a little careful measuring! The icicles and snow are made with glitter glue, but instead of adding it to the image, I put the bottom layer, before adding the decoupage, under a sheet of clear plastic and traced the shapes with the glue, then left it to dry and peeled it off before sticking to the finished design. It seems to add more texture to the card that way.



Because the base card is dark blue, I've added a white panel to the back of the card, matted with silver. After all, there's no point in sending somebody a lovingly hand made card and not having anywhere to tell them who sent it!



No comments: