Sunday 26 October 2014

I'm dreaming of a gold Christmas.....

Today I rummaged DEEP into my stash and came up with the remnants of a Hunkydory Christmas kit I bought several years ago. You know how it is with a kit - once the inspiration has fled, the last few bits can hang around for ages until they start to look too tired to use and end up in the recycling bin. So I thought I'd have a play and see what I can finish up before the remains go to the great stash-pile in the sky.....

I didn't have an oval die big enough to make a mat for the sentiment, so I used that well-known cop-out, the deckle edged scissors. After all, when an edge is SUPPOSED to look wonky, who could complain when it isn't the same all the way round?

In all the years I've had the kit, I've never thought before of layering up the snowflake die cuts to add interest. What a pity I only thought of it when there were just a handful left!

We all need a few extra-quick to make cards in the run-up to Christmas, and this was ideal for the job.



Well, I don't know about love with all the trimmings, that's put me in mind of roast turkey with all the trimmings.....

I'm joining in with  these challenges
Christmas Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Winter Wonderland - Gold Christmas
Completely Christmas - Anything Goes with a Twist  - Add a Sentiment
Oldie But a Goodie - Christmas

No comments: