Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Fanfare!

The music die cut I've used on this card always makes me think of a fanfare - the stave getting bigger towards the right makes it look as if it's getting louder too!

I made the background by die cutting a large circle from scrap paper and then sponging yellow ink around it, dragging it out from  the mask to give a suggestion of a sunburst effect . I often have problems holding shapes  in place while sponging, but I had a brainwave - I folded a piece of  removable tape into a loop, stuck to itself at the end and sticky side out, and used this to hold the mask in place. It came away cleanly with no sticky residue.

I stamped the treble clefs and notes before removing the mask, then after removing it I had a disaster - I dropped a black ink pad inky side down onto the card! Try as I might, I couldn't remove or hide the inky mess, so I had to start all over again.


I'm joining in with the "Black and white and one colour" challenge at CAS on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Your card is really beautiful!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever great card. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete