Thursday 5 June 2014

A double slide butterfly card

Have you ever tried making a double slide card? I hadn't until I spotted these great instructions on the gorgeous Whiff of Joy blog and decided to have a go.  I love anything that involves a bit of paper engineering, and was fascinated to see that the mechanism for this is imply a strip cut from a plastic bag!

I've not done step by step photos because
1) The photos on Whiff of Joy are so clear and easy to follow that I couldn't improve on them, and
2) I forgot

But here is the finished card


 
When you pull either of the tabs, the inside panels both slide out at the same time to reveal the message inside




I love the fact that the tutorial even includes a stand - I've seen other tutorials that don't seem to have thought of that practical feature.

I'm joining in with

Craft Room Challenge - Things With Wings  (is it VERY naughty of me that every time I see a "Things with wings" challenge I wonder what I can create with a sanitary towel?) 

Oldie But a Goodie - Filigree because everything I've used on the card is positively ANCIENT - even the die for the butterfly is several years old

Butterfly challenge - #8 Butterfly Bingo  (be kind to me, it's my first time here) - the central vertical line, die cuts/butterflies/designer paper

3 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Another new card shape to add to my list to try . You have made a lovely card with the butterfly as your focal point. Gorgeous colours too. Welcome to my Butterfly Challenge. I hope you will Flutterby often. Hugs Mrs A. (Butterfly challenge).

Zoechaos said...

Yes Jane that is a very naughty thought, really rather glad you did not act on it, perhaps it is more of a personal challenge you could share with just select close friends hehe. Going to have to go and get the instructions for this, thanks for the link and WOW I love butterflies and this one is fabulous. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Dips said...

Very pretty card, glad you didn't go where your midn first took you! Thank you so much for entering my filigree challenge theme on a OBAG - good luck!