Monday 14 April 2014

What can I cook with these?

I try hard to plan ahead so that everything gets used up, but the odds and ends are starting to accumulate after the weekend.

So in the interest of eliminating food waste, what can I make with an egg white, the juice of a lemon (the rind's gone), a stub of Parmesan rind, 10 cherry tomatoes, half a tub of Philadelphia light  and some Kalamata paste? As well as the usual fridge and cupboard basics, I have buttermilk, low fat crème fraiche and lots of carrots. Oh, and the tail end of a head of Chinese leaves.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

well, with the parmesan, toms, cream cheese and kalamat you can make a fabulous risotto finished off with a mini lemon meringue!

Jane Willis said...

Brilliant, Dom, I think I'll do exactly that.

Jane Willis said...

And a Chinese leaf and carrot side salad?

Cheryl Pasquier said...

Or something elong these lines? http://madhousefamilyreviews.blogspot.com/2014/03/Madhouse-recipe-Sicilian-cherry-tomato-pesto-tart.html (But I think Dom's already won you over !! )