Monday 21 April 2014

This makes me smile....

.. .because frankly, if it didn't make me smile it would make me cry! It would be lovely to have a clean, tidy home with everything in its place and lots of  elegant empty space. But when you love crafting, there are paper scraps, ribbon and glitter everywhere,  nothing is ever thrown away in case it comes in useful and simplifying things simply isn't possible. (I'm saying nothing about my addictions to kitchen gadgets, spices and books....)

So every time I see this message, it makes me smile! I think the embossed "knitting" background gives a subtle hint  that it's craft stull I'm referring to!

The stamp I used for the message is an ancient one, bought from the US company Raindrops on Roses in the days when buying stamps meant getting hold of a catalogue printed on real paper, working out a way of paying in a foreign country then ordering by post. Most of you are probably too young to remember that!


I'm playing along with:

Less is More #168 - Makes me smile
Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge 91 - Anything Goes
Crafty Creation Challenges - white plus one other colour

8 comments:

Linby said...

What a fab stamp Jane and I totally agree with that sentiment and yours. Love the embossing folder you paired it with, makes for a great card.
Lynn x

Anne said...

Jane that sentiment is so apt, if only I could really stick to Less is More...
Congratulations on your win
Thank you for joining us at Less is More.
Anne
LIM Designer

Craft-E-Place said...

Great card, brilliant sentiment. For a minute I thought you'd been peaking in my house!!
Elaine

Deepti said...

Whats a stunning CAS card!! I love the embossed BG :) Thank you for sharing with ATSM !!

Unknown said...

Great sentiment - I didn't just smile - I laughed. I love how it looks so ernest on your clean smart white background :-)
Cheers, Dianne

Sue said...

Fabulous embossed background and I love that sentiment! Red and white is one of my favourites. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

Chrissie said...

That sentiment says so much... I can definitely identify with that!
Great stuff!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Meighan Wheller said...

Love the sentiment - so true! A wonderful card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Creations and we hope you will join us again soon. Meighan DT