Thursday 3 April 2014

Just the one

Isn't acetate hard to photograph? I'm getting my excuse for the rubbish pictures out of the way NOW!!! I soon won't have that excuse as I've just won a gorgeous new DSLR camera and once I've got a memory card for it and learned how to use it,  I'm hoping my photos will improve a lot.

One of the hardest aspects of cardmaking is thinking of cards for men, and I often turn to the Katy Sue designs CD "The Wine Buffs" (unless the man in question is a teetotaller!)

I've used this wine-label style image on a green DL card which I covered in acetate to give the suggestion of a wine bottle. You may not be able to make out the text clearly - it says

"So you put your good health down to one glass of wine a day?"
"Yep"


Oh goodness, I'm even more embarrassed by that photo now I've uploaded it! The reflection from the flash on the acetate has thrown everything else into chaos. Wish me luck with the new camera!

Anyway, you'll have to trust me that the card looks much better than the picture of it. And I'm joining in with

CASology week 89 - Joke

Make My Monday  One for the Boys

6 comments:

David Ford said...

I look forward to seeing pictures taken with the new camera Jane you should find it very user freindly putting it in Auto mode is usually a good start, all the best with it

Jane Willis said...

I'm hoping to learn a lot from seeing what it does in auto mode, David. I have Mark to coach me!

Ardyth said...

LOL! I love the idea of using the acetate to make it look like a wine bottle - clever, interesting but still CAS! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Gillian R said...

Such a clever idea to use Acetate. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Fliss said...

Gorgeous creation.
Thanks for joining in with my One For The Boys challenge at Make My Monday.
Fliss x

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love the "one" drink but it is humungus!!! LOL
Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!