Sunday 13 April 2014

In the shadows

I've been experimenting with shadow stamping, inspired by the latest challenge at Less Is More, which is Shadow Stamping

To create the shadow, I stamped the fern in Versamark ink and then chalked over the image in green chalk, first with the applicator tool from the chalk palette and then to even it out and blend away the edges, with a cotton wool ball. Then I overstamped the image in black Memento ink.



On the first card I made, I picked out the colours of the image with Candi embellishments.


Then I remembered that this week it is a one layer challenge - slapped wrist - so I had to make another card. As the image is quite strong and masculine, I thought this was a good opportunity to adapt it to the current Time Out challenge, too - Happy Birthday with a masculine twist

So here is my finished card - although I have to confess that I really prefer my original Candi-embellished version!




23 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Hi Jane, I have not idea what the LIM team will make of this but I think it is perfect shadow stamping and CAS. Certainly of the entries on the challenge so far this is head and shoulders above all the other entires well done. XOXO

Jane Willis said...

Thanks Zoe, it's years since I last used chalk and versamark together and now I'm wondering why I left it so long.

Ankie vd Polder said...

A fabulous looking card. Hugs, Ankie

Marianne said...

two beautiful cards, very CAS

Lilian L said...

Fabulous cards. I must dig out my chalks. Had forgotten all about them. Thanks.

sandie said...

Fabulous CAS card and I like the second one best with out the candy! To me it looks more slick and more lovely white space! Thanks for playing along at TIME OUT x

Fiona said...

Lovely soft images and CAS design.

Lynne said...

They are both simpy fabulous, almost looks as if your leaf is jumping off the card.
Lynne xxx

Jen Nelson said...

great stamping Jane x
Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
Less Is More

Gerrina said...

Beautiful shadowstamping and great card!
Thanks for taking the Time Out to join us, Gerrina

Chrissie said...

This looks awesome Jane... I love the aura around the image!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Margaret said...

Stunning Jane, love them both
Margaret x

Anne said...

Jane like you I prefer the candi version! Chrissie is the boss, but I think it still fits the definition of one layer - one piece of card and minimal embellishments! Beautiful colours
Thank you for playing along this week
Anne
Less is More

thassos456 said...

Both version are really beautiful, but I also like the candi version a bit better. I have to try the chalk Versamark combo. looks great.

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful.

Skye said...

Lovely cards. Great shadow stamping and CAS design

Linda said...

Lovely card ...... I like the delicate shadow using the chalks. xx

Lisa Kind said...

Beautiful card! Love the technique you used to create the shadow effect! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

Beverley said...

Awesome technique and FAB masculine card. Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

Lynn said...

Beautiful cas cards. Love them both. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Dotty Jo said...

Well done on your ShowCASe - your card is stunning, Jo x

Darnell said...

Your card SO deserved to be showcased at LIM, Jane! With that shadow and the aura, it truly looks like a real fern casting a real shadow!! Hugs, Darnell

Linby said...

Well done on being showcased at LIM. Congrats.
Lynn x