Sunday 13 April 2014

Going for an Indian

I bet you are expecting a curry recipe now, aren't you?

But actually here is a card inspired by the Indian flag. The current Daring Cardmakers challenge is Flag it up - to make a card inspired by a national flag. I chose the Indian flag, mostly because of the flower circle in the middle which I thought would work well on a card.


I used swooshes of watercolour to represent the orange and green bands, picking out the colour with matching Candi. The flower and circle are cut with Spellbinders dies.

3 comments:

Jo said...

That is such a brilliant flag inspired card :) I love the swooshes of watercolour and the flower finishes it perfectly :)

Jo x

Miri said...

Your card is very creative! I love it that you were inspired by a different national flag than your own.

Leo said...

What a genius idea and a lovely card!