Thursday 10 April 2014

Friendship is important

For years I've had a little unmounted rubber stamp that says "Friendship is important not only in the shade, but in the sunshine". It's the opposite of what we usually hear, isn't it? "A friend in need is a friend indeed" - it's all too easy to judge friendships by how supportive of each other when times are bad. But if you don't enjoy the good times together, the giggles over a glass of wine, the jokes you share, shopping, cake or whatever else gives you fun together, your friendship may have flagged by the time a bad time comes around for one of you.

Right, philosophical musings over, on with the craft!

I used the  stamped quotation as part of a collage design. The collage background is another old favourite stamp, and I thought I'd highlight the little dragonfly on it  with a touch of glitter. Oh dear, what a mess it looked when the card was finished!


So I stamped a larger dragonfly, water coloured it and attached it with 3D adhesive to hide the boo-boo. You won't tell anyone, will you?


I think it looks better now than if I'd just left the original dragonfly alone in the first place!

The current challenge at The Cupboard Trilogy is Friendship  and I'm playing along.

2 comments:

Linby said...

This is beautiful Jane.
Lynn x

xxbella71xx said...

What a lovely card, Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at The Cupboard Trilogy Challenge Blog.
Stella xx
TCT DT