Sunday 27 April 2014

Dragonflies again

I love to craft with all kinds of designs and motifs, but my favourite of all is the dragonfly. I must have a couple of dozen different dragonfly stamps, in different shapes and sizes. It's a motif I keep coming back to over and over again.

To make this card, I masked off the two outer thirds of the card and sponged all the colours from a Kaleidacolour "Caribbean sea" separately into the unmasked area. Then I spritzed it with water to blend the colours and create a slightly grungy, textured watery looking background.

When it was dry I removed the masking and stamped three small dragonflies in the central panel with  a small sentiment at the bottom


I'm joining in with Casual Fridays CFC 131 - Three Thirds
and Addicted to CAS #37 - Grunge

7 comments:

Anita in France said...

Such fabulous colours, Jane ... beautifully blended and a perfect background for those delicate dragonflies! Thanks so much for playing along with ATCAS! Anita :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Jane the dragonfiles are so beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Claire Toplis said...

Beautiful Dragon flys

OH Babs said...

Love the dragonflies what a unique look.

Loll said...

Gorgeous colors for your sponged background and I love the misted water - adds so much texture! Beautiful design. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

~amy~ said...

Love your masking/inking!
Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kelly Griglione said...

Great masking and blending your colors. Love the dragonflies stamped on top too. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!