Tuesday 8 April 2014

Cross stitch for a change

I used to be a demon cross stitcher - never without a piece on the go. We have cross stitched pictures all over the house and more in the loft. Then I discovered papercrafts and all my other crafty hobbies were forgotten.

However my husband has just had his 60th birthday. As many of you know, he is very keen on growing chillies and when I spotted a cross stitch chart for a chilli, I absolutely KNEW I had to use it for his card. I made a rather rash decision to make it stand out by stitching it on black fabric. Daring because black is hard to stitch on at the best of times, and I hadn't realised just how much harder my myopic eyes would find it to locate the holes in the fabric than they did when I was stitching crazy, 15 years ago. I ended up holding the fabric up in front of the TV screen so I could see the holes.

I think, though, you'll agree that it was worth it - he certainly does, and is planning to frame it.



I'm joining in with the Daring Cardmakers April Colour Challenge

4 comments:

Claire Toplis said...

OOOh that is very striking

Leigh said...

Great idea. :)

Miri said...

It's amazing how you combine stitching and cardmaking. What a fabulous idea.
Thanks a lot for joining the Daring Cardmaker's colour challenge this week.

Kemcaflipflops said...

That looks fab!