Wednesday 5 March 2014

Yellow flag

Our front garden is full of tiny purple irises at the moment, which has set me wondering two things:

1. Why are the tiny ones always purple and never yellow?

and

2. Why did my grandmother always call yellow irises Yellow Flags, but never call purple ones Purple Flags?

I suppose you'll all tell me that they are completely unrelated species, but they look very much alike to me and I've used this iris stamp, bought from the USA so long ago that I had to write a letter and post it in order to order it, instead of just logging in to a website, to make a Yellow Flag.


I'm playing along with

Less is More #161 - Colour challenge, Yellow and Green
CAS  on Sunday #28 - Colour me Pretty
Crafty Creations Challenges #258 - Happy Birthday
Oldie But Goodie Challenge - Spring Has Spring

6 comments:

Anne said...

What a great card, I have no idea why there are limited colours in the early iris! Thanks for joining this week’s Less is More Challenge
Anne
(Guest LIM commenter!)

Anita said...

Beautiful and elegant card!
Anita

Jen Nelson said...

great card

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
Less Is More

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Such a pretty card, thank you for joining us over at Oldie But A Goodie, good luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison xx

Zw@@n said...

A very pretty card! I love the colours. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Sabine said...

A very beautiful flower card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations,
hugs
Sabine