Friday 28 March 2014

The streets of London

I love the London skyline die set from Docrafts - I wish they would make them for other famous cities! This time I've made them into a pop-out card - it folds flat for posting but all the layers are hinged to each other to make it stand up. It took me a while to get the engineering right!


However I was just lucky with the angle of the light falling on it - it's made it look as if I've hidden a light source between the layers. And maybe next time I'll try to work out a way of doing exactly that (maybe a mini torch? Or a light from a construction kit? )

I'm joining in with d for Diecuts at the Alphabet Challenge blog

5 comments:

Claire Toplis said...

I love this so simple and effect whilst looking complicated.

Basslady said...

a very clever and stylish card!
thanks so much for playing along with us at Alphabet-Challenge!
 
Hugs and kisses from germany,

silvi xoxo


Cazro said...

brilliant work with the die cuts, and yes very professional lighting effect adds to the drama. Serendipity indeed. Thanks for joining in with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

Unknown said...

Is the London scene die for sale?

Jane Willis said...

It is avalable from Docrafts. Search for X cur Build a Scene