Saturday 8 March 2014

Simply Crocuses

The crocuses in our garden have been beautiful this year - glorious splashes of purple and yellow round the base of each tree and in pots on the patio.


They are almost over now, but I've preserved the feeling of them in a card. When I was rummaging through a box of unmounted stamps I found a crocus stamp,  that must be about 15 years old yet still uninked - I'd not even trimmed away the waste rubber! I used masking to stamp it in a row across the card, coloured then in and finished it with a stamped border.


 
This week at Less is More it is a one layer challenge with the theme "Spring Flowers" so I'm joining in there. And since the stamp was so very old, I'm also joining in again with "Spring has Sprung" at Oldie But Goodie

4 comments:

Jen Nelson said...

so sweet ...
Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
Less Is More

Laurie Unger said...

I really like the crocus stamp - I can't believe you've never inked it up in 15 years! How funny! Great job with the challenge.

Anne said...

So pretty, bet you're glad you found your stamp in your stash!
Thanks for taking part in the one layer challenge at LIM this week Anne (Guest LIM commenter)

Mandi said...

Delightful card, the crocus are out in our garden
Thank you for supporting LIM
Mandi
LIM