Sunday 30 March 2014

Postcard from the Ocean

On this card I've used one of my favourite sets of stamps, a set of old travel poster designs from the late Tamba stamps. I combined them with other stamps to create a postcard - using a bit of artistic license as a real postcard would be flat so as not to get caught up in the Post Office sorting machinery, but I've raised the poster images to give them some dimension. The background paper, also cruise themed, has been in my stash for years. I can't remember where it came from - maybe a RAK or a craft club freebie?

I've got lots of cruise-moving friends and this would make the ideal card for one of them.


This is my second entry to the current Craft Room Challenge of Transport  and because I'm in Britain where the word "holiday" means what most other people call "vacation", I'm also entering the Holiday challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More. Finally, because I've not joined in for ages and this week it's an Anything Goes week, I'm also joining in with Pinspirational Challenges.

6 comments:

Mervi said...

Fabulous creation, love the boat theme, just watch the Titanic movie again.
Thanks for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge;-))m

Zoechaos said...

OK I forgive you! this is such a romantic card and perfect for our theme at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Wynn said...

What a great idea. Very creative. Love the postcard. Thank you for sharing it with us at ( Pin ) spirational challenge. Wynn DT x

Anonymous said...

Cool travel theme! thanks for joining Pinspirational this week for our 100th challenge!

hazel said...

A wonderful travel card, thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Deepti Stephens said...

Oh wow! it's wonderful. Thank you so much for joining the fun at ATSM. Good luck.. :)