This week's challenge at CD Sundays is "Quite Simply - Hats"
Well, I didn't have anything with JUST hats on it, but I have a CD called "Victorian Ladies" - which I won in a blog challenge, I think it was on the CD Sundays blog - where hats are a major feature of the outfits in several of the images. The CD doesn't have a brand name, but the copyright belongs to a company called JVA which I'm not familiar with. The combination of images and backgrounds is rather "Joanna Sheen-ish" so I decided to do something "rather Joanna Sheen-ish" with the image. But instead of using the whole design for decoupage, I used just the hat, inorder to emphasise it.
Incidentally that's my first-ever coiled paper rose, and it will probably be my last! I half-cheated and used a sheet of die cuts I bought in a sale, and had to turn the house upside down looking for my quilling tool, which I'd last seen when I lent it to my daughter almost 20 years ago. Luckily half her craft stuff is still here waiting for her to make space for it, but it's so long since I used it I was all fingers and thumbs, and as you can see I got glue everywhere. It's the kind that dries clear, but I was too impatient to take the photo so the rose has a big white blob in it!