Saturday 20 October 2012

Less is More #90 - Autumn

This week it's a Theme challenge at Less is  More - one of my favourite themes, Autumn. I love Autumn colours - I wear them, decorate my house in them and love crafting  with them. Here is my Autumn themed card.


The embossing powder I used for the leaves is a blended one called "Tiger" -  it's a mixture of russety browns and deep olive greens that is perfect for Autumn leaves. However I think if I ever met a tiger that colour I would be terrified! (Disclaimer - If I ever met a tiger of any colour I would be terrified, unless there was a tiger-proof barrier between me and it. But if it was this colour I would be *more* terrified.)

It doesn't really show on the photo but I curled the leaves to give them a more natural Autumn look and attached them with different amounts of gel glue to conserve the curl.

Unusually for me and CAS cards, I got the effect I wanted first time, so I'm afraid I have no bloopers to share with you this week!

10 comments:

Chris said...

Beautiful card. Simple and so effective.
chris
x

Gibmiss said...

Hello
Fabulous take on the Challenge..
Hugs sylviex

Chrissie said...

This looks gorgeous, that embossing looks terrific.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Anne said...

Lovely shade of embossing powder and super card!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card the embossing looks fab and is a great colour .. very autumnal :)
Debbie
x

Lynne said...

Gorgeous. Love the effect on the leaves and the woodgrain is so effective.
Lynne xxx

Loli said...

Hola Jane, beautiful and elegant card, i like your embossing background, gorgeous work.
Hugs from Palma de Mallorca

Linda said...

Beautiful Autumn card Jane. What a fab colour of embossing powder, perfect for this challenge. xx

Susan said...

That embossing powder is fabulous! Love how the colors sparkle in the leaves! Beautiful card!

Aileen said...

Love the embossing colours on your leaves and the lovely embossed background too. x